Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Floor in a Bucket?

Posted by msbatt (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 4, 09 at 19:57

Anyone ever heard of this product? My mom says it was quite common in the 50's. Is it still available, and if so, what's it 'really' called? We have a very large den/kitchen combo that has this on it, and it needs repair or replacing. We really like the seamless look and the easy care, but would like to change colors.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Floor in a Bucket?

Since you don't describe it I'm not sure but I wonder if it could be an epoxy finish? I recently used a product outside at the building I manage from a company called Top Secret Coatings, link below. You could look there or google epoxy floor. I'd call the customer service line at Top Secret and describe your floor, they may know what it is.
Good luck and let us know.
Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Top SEcret Coatings

o
RE: Floor in a Bucket?

this site from the granite cladding thread is very interesting too. I think I might want to do my cement front steps with the granit looking one. It has many indoor apps as well, it might be what you have.
kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Stone coatings

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here