Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldhousegal

New electrical panel

oldhousegal
13 years ago

I am sitting here enjoying my morning coffee and reading garden web, and couldn't resist sharing. For the past 5 years of owning my old house, I've lived with a Federal Pacific stab lock panel with an amazing history of being a fire hazard. Was mine? I'm not sure, but finally took the plunge and had it replaced = $$$$$.

Is it possible to fall in love with your electrician? I sure did! He did an amazing job of installing the new service- moving it all the way across the basement to the other side of the house, and even drilled perfect holes on the outside of the fascia so everything fits perfectly. He removed the old sub panel and refed the wires for that, using the FPE panel as a junction box for only 6 circuits. I'm sure it's my imagination, but the lights aren't dimming like they used to...

What this now means is I can finish the kitchen remodel that I started in January, but had to stop because of the panel. I can re-wire the attic and put in new outlets and lights in the closet (can you imagine seeing my clothes again! LOL!) Oh the possibilities! The only thing I'm dreading is the final bill...

Sorry, but just had to share! There are always so many frustrations about remodeling and contractors on this site, but not in this case! Now, back to my coffee and happy dance!

Comments (4)