Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Old House Kitchen

Posted by eastfallsglass (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 26, 11 at 22:50

I posted some shots of my finished kitchen over on the kitchen forum and one of the forum members suggested I should share with the folks over here.

The finished kitchen in the kitchen forum.

The house is a center-hall layout, built in the 1920's. We're the 3rd owners of the house, and we're doing our best to preserve as much of the house as possible and if we can't to at least preserve the 'feel' of the house.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Old House Kitchen

Saw it on the kitchen forum, and loved seeing it again here! Really wonderful job, you must be happy! Are your bin pulls nickel or chrome? Your faucet is chrome, right?

Thanks for sharing!

o

The cabinet hardware (pulls, hinge knuckles, latches) and faucets are all chrome. We were a bit worried about the difference in finish between them and the appliances, but it turned out to not be distracting.

In the kitchen, the differently finished appliances (stainless) and hardware (chrome) provides the same sort of contrast as provided by the off-white floor and the true-white cabinets. It adds a little visual interest and keeps things from looking so clinical.

o

Eastfallsglass, very pretty! I had painted my kitchen that (almost) same color when we bought the house... A bit lighter of blue, I guess. Now, seeing it look so good in yours is making me miss it again...

o

I like it too; some very interesting choices there. I agree the floor avoids the clinical; so too does the fact that the countertop is matte. If it were shiny granite, the stainless would veer into the clinical as well. The sink style obviously also makes a huge impact. Nice job!

Karin L

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here