Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Room Eight Done!

Posted by leasa (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 08 at 22:05

We have another room done. The plumbing and electrical work got finished up yesterday so a few more rooms are done!

Hope you will take a look at our Master Bathroom!

Leasa
Eastport, Maine

Here is a link that might be useful: Master Bath

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Room Eight Done!

I want to know what kind of energy drink you're sipping these days. You're just ripping right through this! It looks great.

How is the outside coming?

o

Just well water from Capen Cottage! We will miss it when we move in to the fixer as it has city water...

Thanks for taking a peek and offering encouragement! My Sister had been helping me for the past two days and we have made wonderous progress on the South Parlor! Stay tuned for the completion of that room!

The outside is moving right along too! The decks are built and the front of the house is mostly painted the front of the Barn and the trim is painted ! WOW! It looks nice, Mike drove me by after work (volunteer for the Historical Society 4 hours a week) and it looks sharp. The Painter has not been able to work much the past couple of weeks because of the fog and rain.

Leasa

o
Leasa, Are Tou Still Out There?

Leasa, I have enjoyed the saga of your house as you fixed it up; where are you in the process now? Anything new to report? How's the house coming?

o

Oh My! We have come along way since that post! Thanks for checking.

As each room was completed, I made up a page showing the befores, durings, and afters. They are all listed at the top of the link listed below. Poke around! Check out our year and a half rehab of this grand old home! We moved in at the beginning of September or end of August. Still have punch lists of things to do in each room, we've been getting the cottage ready for sale so will get back to finish up those items soon.

We are planning a family reunion for this summer to give it a real workout!

I'm going to the city hall to look up the old tax records. That ought to be interesting!

Leasa

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen

o

Ah, the energy of youth! Looks great.

o

I love how you brought the old place back to life! Wonderful job!

o

What a change! What a difference! So much dirt and disorder, and you've created such a different, clean and cool environment. It's wonderful.

Are you going to put in gardens?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here