Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherylj_gw

french door hardware for deck

SherylJ
9 years ago

Not sure which forum to post this on but hoping this is the right one. We are remodeling our 1920's Spanish home. We just installed french doors in a dining room that opens onto a deck which is two stories above exterior ground level in the backyard .I am very confused about what you call the hardware we're looking for. We want handles on both doors inside and out (they open out) and an interior deadbolt. No key on the exterior. We don't need or want to open it from the outside deck. We only want to be able to lock it from the inside. There is another door farther down the deck that opens into another room in the house, so getting locked out is not a problem. I would have been fine with an interior latch, but the door installer put in doors that have a deadbolt (an ugly one) so the hole is there. I can cover it with a handleset panel but what do I call the handleset system I am looking for? ANd any suggestions on where to look for something in black iron or rustic finish would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments (10)