Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Our exterior paint progress

Posted by mrsrichards (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 20, 09 at 18:27

I have posted an occasional question here and also enjoy seeing pictures of what other folks are up to. So, we are painting our Victorian style home and thought some of you may enjoy seeing the pictures. Hopefully this link works...

1904 Victorain home make over

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Our exterior paint progress

Wow! it's beautiful!

o

totally agree with cjra. WOW. Absolutely love your house, especially the front.

o

What a beautiful house - & it looks HUGE! More pictures, please.

o

Great paint job and what a terrific home! Look forward to seeing more pics too...

o

Love love LOVE the color choice!

o

Oh how pretty! Thanks for sharing! I remember you posting about your rounded corner on the porch. I just looked through those renovation pics - how exciting! Is it done yet? I can't wait to see it all completed :)

o

Thanks for the encouraging compliments. The porch is a slow, steady process. Our carpenter has been so great about trying to maintain the original look of the house, and that has made for some challanges. When the whole thing is done I will post more pictures for sure. There are 2 large trees in front of the house that make it hard to get a clear shot of the whole thing from the front. It is a big home, but certainly not as big as many that I have seen around here. And funny how the new paint job has made it grow! Once the leaves drop this fall I will have the best pictures, and hopefully we will have more painted. We are also installing a copper-colored roof this week and will have pictures of that when it is done. Thanks so much again for the encouraging words ~ this is what keeps my hubby going on those long hot days of scraping....!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here