Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catdoc2

double handle shower/tub source

catdoc2
11 years ago

Ok guys, I can't be the only one. Hoping someone can refer me to a product.

We are looking for a double handle (Cross preferred, but I'll take what I can get) shower/tub unit in polished chrome. We have a 1940's house so a single handle unit will not fit in. Waterworks makes one (cha-ching) and I have found a Kingston Brass one (but seems excessively cheap and I'm worried about replacement parts: this will be behind a tiled wall and our only functional shower: we can't wait for parts from Timbuktu in case it breaks).

We were looking for mid-range (kohler, Delta, american standard? Chicago Faucets?) as the house is modest at best but I don't believe in going for looks over quality: we don't like fixing things or replacing them/sending them to the dump on our weekends! Chicago Faucets has a very utiilitarian one you can get porcelain cross handles to replace what it comes with, but the handles are ~$150, about the same cost as the entire unit!

Anyone come across something? what have you used in your bathrooms? (And 6 inch center vs. 8 inch center for valve body would be a HUGE bonus but I realize we'll have to replace a few tiles to deal with that issue)...

Comments (2)