Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color should I paint the exterior stucco of my house?

Posted by Fritzlang (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 14:38

The lower course of stucco on my family home has seen better days. Aside from cracks and chips there was some previous ill-considered repairs. I have decided to fill in the cracks and cover with Thorocoat. I would really love to get some opinions about what color looks best.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color should I paint the exterior stucco of my house?

Here is another photo....

o

Go with the dark ones. Those decorator shows always say we don't go dark enough with our paint choices. I've also had success going a little darker than the mortar color.

If I had to choose from the ones presented, I'd pick the middle one on the top row.

o

I would choose the darkest brown.

o

I'm just a homeowner but I would also go with middle 1 on top row, it's darker now & I don't care for it, doesn't match as well as the middle top 1 which I think will give the house a warmer look, it blends in beautifully with the brick. Dark color makes the foundation area more "important looking" when brick should be the focal point.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here