Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone with a twosquare stone farmhouse?

Posted by horseslave (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 13:46

Hello! First time poster on here, we are the owners of a 1879 PA stone farmhouse. Its a Twosquare, and is structurally sound, but obviously needs a ton of upgrades. We have lived in the home for 7 years, whittling away at it slowly.

We are interested in adding on, and also making better use of the space we have, and I would love to see some others with similar floorplans and how they make the space as useable and beautiful as possible!

Here is a photo of our home. The building to the right is a new bank barn we had built about 3 years ago

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/spacytracy05/Picture018.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone with a twosquare stone farmhouse?

The link isn't opening for me.

o

House

Do I take it that the house has two rooms up and down, rather than four?

o

Hi, yes, it's 2 rooms downstairs, about 16x11 each, and two upstairs. The one upstairs was cut in half, to make a bathroom and a bedroom. I'm not sure why they made such a big bathroom, because it left the second bedroom extremely small. Thankfully my daughter is only 4 so she is fine in there.
I would love to to add on, so I'm looking for as many inspirations as I can!

Try copying the link and pasting. I'm not sure why it's not working!

o

The link worked fine for me, you just have to copy and paste it. I do not have a stone house nor do I have a twosquare - I just wanted to tell you that your house and new barn are beautiful. Don't be shy about posting more photos of it! :)

o

The cut-&-paste worked today - but not yesterday although I tried several times - go figure.

Neat house - what does the door/entryway look like? Like JLC said, don't be shy about posting more photos. Old house people love looking at other peoples' treasures.

o

I'll take some photos of the doorway. There's also a summer kitchen, in need of some major repair, although I'd love to incorporate it into the addition.
I'll take some more tonight and repost! Once you start looking for ideas, it kind of snowballs, I'm finding!

o

Here's an updated album, I can certainly take more photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our home

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here