Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Remodel: 1900's Kitchen -Link to Pictures

Posted by TeamLDH (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 8, 13 at 10:28

Hi all,

Figured I would post some pictures of our remodeled kitchen.

To start, the kitchen was horrible when we purchased the home, poor layout, builder special re-muddled cabinets.

Click on the "HOUZZ LINK" below the pic to see all our kitchen/breakfast room photos.

If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me.

Here is a link that might be useful: HOUZZ LINK

This post was edited by TeamLDH on Thu, Aug 8, 13 at 14:33

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Remodel: 1900's Kitchen -Link to Pictures

Call me suspiscious but you bought this house and posted about it nine days ago and now you have a finished kitchen of it up on Houzz?

Really?

Kitchen is nice, though, but with the open email addy, I'm thinkin' this may be SPAM.

L..

o

NOT spam. We purchased the house a couple years ago and I have been working every day after work and weekends to rehab it. This the first time I have time to sit back and post.

Feel free to email me should you have anymore concerns with the validity of my post.

Thanks,
LDH

o

Looks stunning - such a lot of work - you should be proud of what you have accomplished.

o

Great job! This is one I would have clipped for my files. Congrats.

o

Lovely cabinetry! You should post this over at the GW Kitchens forum, where many folks are working with older turn-of-the-century kitchens.

This post was edited by circuspeanut on Fri, Aug 9, 13 at 7:38

o

Your kitchen is gorgeous!

Did you go to Lizell or the Amish Loft for your cabinets? I just sent my drawings to Lizell for a quote but am a little concerned with the fact I have seen no feedback from anyone yet. Also the story I am getting about the split between the two companies and the fact they both have the same images on the site concern me greatly. I would LOVE to hear from someone who actually used one of them.

o

A very charming kitchen. The carpet looks nice but how is it to maintain?

o

The carpet? Very easy to clean (spot clean with water). Its an antique wool Persian so it's warn-in.

o

Your kitchen look so beautiful and most which I liked about your kitchen is the use cabinets. Really they are the beat option to store stuff and they also helps in saving space.

o

Thanks!

o

Very nice job, Team!

I could happily live with it myself except for the stainless appliances and can lights...kudos on everything else being so wonderful!

Some people here point out (mainly after I post, it seems) that we don't live in museums, so kitchens should be useful and to our modern tastes; you have shown that a kitchen can be true to period style, and still function as well as these spoiled gotta-have-every-gadget cooks see in magazines.

I'd love to see pics of the rest of the house!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here