Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source for door hardware?

Posted by elizamamma (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 3, 14 at 9:56

Hello,
We are in the process of remodeling and adding on to our house. While it's not an old house, we're shooting for a farmhouse style, so I thought this forum might be able to help me out. I'm looking for fairly traditional door hardware for our interior doors similar to the one below. I've found them at Rejuvenation, House of Antique Hardware, and Van Dyke's (the brand on that site is Brass Accents). There is a pretty wide price difference, so I wondered if anyone had experience with these brands? I found mixed reviews of the oil rubbed bronze finish on the House of Antique Hardware, and I can't find anything about Brass Accents. I've used Rejuvenation and been happy with them but would love a cheaper option as we have many doors. Thanks for any help!

http://www.rejuvenation.com/catalog/products/putman-interior

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source for door hardware?

You can also look at Schlage and other more mainstream hardware makers. They might have a traditional looking one.

o

Try Lee Valley or McMaster Pacific. Not sure what exactly what you are looking for but they have hdwr.

o

I've purchased hardware from Rejuvenation and House of antique hardware. With Rejuvenation you know what you get but you are paying a bit more. House of Antique Hardware also has good quality products but they do have more options at different price points. You need to pay attention to the descriptions for the particular product price point. When I did my kitchen remodel I had purchased some cabinet hardware from HOAH which I returned as it was what I considered a cheap knock-off. I've purchased other HW items that I was very happy with.

I do want to add that I haven't purchased much from Rejuvenation since they were purchased by Williams-Sonoma in 2011. I purchased a replacement shade for a fixture I bought in 2010 a few months ago and it took nearly 8 weeks to get the shade. It was a standard off the shelf item so the delay really shocked me. I saw a few online comments that the store has changed and the last catalog I got was focused on furniture and other knick-knacks. I think that Rejuvenation is going the way of Restoration Hardware. Once upon a time you could actually buy hardware at Restoration Hardware....

Sacto Diane

o

Brass Accents makes quality products at a fair price. There aren't many companies making hardware that looks as decorative as Brass Accents anymore. They are also made out of solid brass, which is also uncommon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here