Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

Countertop paint?

party_music50
10 years ago

Hi all -- I have a 1938 bungalow with a very small kitchen that was allegedly updated sometime in the 1980s. The existing laminate countertop was clearly custom-pieced.... there's a pass-through counter to the dining room, there's an odd corner taken up by the chimney, there are seams in places where you'd rather not have seams, and there are cig burns next to the sink that drive me nuts because the counter always looks dirty there. lol! I asked my sister & BIL to look at it and they say it will be a PITA to replace the laminate because of all the piecing/fitting that will need to be done. Hence, I'm considering using countertop paint and wonder if anyone here has tried it and what their experience was.

I've been researching the two most popular/available granite-look countertop paints: Giani and Rustoleum. Based on the reviews and comments I've read on-line, I'm leaning toward trying the far less expensive Giani brand!

Has anyone here tried using a countertop paint? and what can you tell me about it?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x