Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clawfoot tub shower curtain dilema solved

Posted by mrsd1957 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 5, 07 at 8:22

I love the clawfoot but the little shower curtain enclosure was claustrophobic. While cleaning out the house we found several metal portable clothes racks, you know the ones you buy at Wally World cuz you don't have enough closets. My DH, while dismantling them decided to see if he could fabricate something. They have the perfect curves and lengths of pipe. He moved the original ceiling hanging fixture to the end of the tub, attached the two front corners (shower head end) to the wall/ceiling (bathroom has angled wall/ceiling), and moved the height up to accommodate our 6'5" son. The shower curtain enclosure is now slightly bigger than the size of the tub and the 3 curtains flow perfectly into it. Of course, now I'm not aloud to dispose of anything before checking with him. Never know what he can fabricate out of it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clawfoot tub shower curtain dilema solved

Fantastic!!! I am so glad that you were able to figure out such a creative solution!! Sounds perfect! Can you post a picture?

o

I second the request for a picture. DS has one and sure could use some extra room.

o

sorry I don't have a camera to post pics with. He just layed the pieces out on the floor until they looked like they would fit and then attached them to each other. The original ceiling mount was moved further towards the end of the tub and shortened in length. He attached the faucet end right to the wall because that wall is angled and it just fit. I would think modifications are possible depending where the tub sits near walls.

o

I'll one up the last person...heres a video of what i did.

Here is a link that might be useful: youtube: clawfoot tub solution

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here