Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
screen door shield

Posted by lily603 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 19:51

new storm door in back...main doors is all glass so wanted the same in the storm door. BUT with the screen in there's no place to shove open except at the handle. I would like a "shield" that's attractive. The usual at big box stores are plain and ugly. ideas please

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: screen door shield

My wooden screen insert has two crossbars about 1/3-1/2 the way up...I've also seen metal grilles you can buy from some places made of various metals.

o

Vintage advertising push sign that spans the glass?

Here is a link that might be useful: Holsum door push

o

I have seen beautiful metalwork screens that span the middle of the door - they are usually heavy bands of brass or bronze and are "woven" in a diamond or square pattern with small loops top and bottom, They are sturdy but open like screens - there is an antique shop in Louisiville, Joe Ley's, that has them in the damp, scary, filthy, cob-web infested basement - wear a filter mask if you go, theres crud everywhere...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here