Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Something is always holding me back

Posted by old_house_j_i_m (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 12, 12 at 15:45

Does this happen to you ? You start up a blog to update your friends, neighbors and relatives about your house restoration - and occasionally jump on an old house discussion board to toot your horn (we all should, really ...).

Then, you get so ingrained in the everyday of demo, the hours hunting for matching moldings in dusty salvage shops, and making things happen that your contractor and friends kinda laugh at you for, that you can't keep that dang blog up-to-date.

Well, I recently updated mine:

http://thejoshuashivelyhouse.blogspot.com/

The top story looks a little simple, one of those things some of you knock out in an afternoon before laying a newly reclaimed, long-leaf pine floor in the hall, but lemme tell you, the planning and engineering that went into this for me was a little, ok, a lot, intimidating. So I'm tooting my horn a bit.

Here is a link that might be useful: the Joshua Shively House

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Something is always holding me back

I will go read your link....but I will say this...every darned time I think something is simple.....I get reminded that WE PLAN AND GOD LAUGHS!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here