Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What style is this 1902 home?

Posted by statickitt3n (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 23, 08 at 15:07

We just bought this house, and I am looking forward to restoring it. It was built in 1902. I was wondering if anyone knows what style of house this is. It has a covered porch/sunroom in the front.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2220804780086596903asOlzM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What style is this 1902 home?

It could be a Village Colonial. Is there a stair case on the left as soon as you enter the house?

o

The staircase is on the right as you enter the house.

o

It looks like an American Foursquare to me, though one that's had the front porch closed in.

If it has the same floorplan as the one I grew up in, the front door opens into the living room, staircase to the second floor is on the right, hall to the kitchen is straight ahead. Dining room is on the opposite side of the house from the kitchen. Upstairs is a center hall with bedrooms staggered off each side.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here