Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up


Posted by Messymarsy2 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 9, 13 at 10:43

I have posted before, we bought a late 18th-early 19th century house in West Chester PA. I was wondering what all of you do when you need to replace millwork that has been damaged or removed. To say the least it is not standard. We have even considered learning how to make it, but does anyone know cabinet makers around that area who can reproduce the work?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Millwork

You don't need a cabinetmaker, you need a custom millwork lumber company. Our 200 year old home needed large quantities of reproduction millwork, and most of it had to be copied, meaning the mill had to custom make a molding knife to duplicate my samples. I have a number of companies near me that can do this, and Google is your friend to look for them. Here's one in your area that I quickly found by googling "west Chester PA lumber co"

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here