Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calli17_gw

Help with curb appeal for raised ranch!

Calli17
10 years ago

We recently bought a lakefront home that was initially used as a cottage. We love the location, but we are not fans of raised ranches and we are wanting to freshen thing up a bit! We just spent our first winter here and nearly froze our buns off! So this summer has been about updating the necessities (insulation in attic, new doors and windows in back, and levelling our garage floor so that our garage door could close properly...and keep our fury friends outside where they belong).

Now it's time for a new garage door,which raises the question what colour!? I did not think that the task of choosing a colour would be so difficult, but now I find myself wanting to change the whole exterior! The wood paneling around the door is actually painted, and I was thinking of possibly repainting it a colour to match the garage door and shutters....any ideas?

We have also removed many overgrown bushes, and I would like to remove the tree in front that has a nasty lean towards our home!

Any thoughts and ideas for improving our home's curb appeal are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Calli