Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Atlanta Stove Works Cast Iron Stove

Posted by lyndy (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 17, 06 at 7:11

Hi, I posted this message in "fireplaces" then found this forum. I am in the process of purchasing an 1860 farmhouse. In the backyard is a two burner cast iron stove. On the front it is marked "PIP Atlanta Stove Works" on top it says "No. 19". Does anyone know anything about this stove? How old is it? Could it be original to this age house? I don't have a clue how to restore it, or is there somewhere I can take it in Southeast Wisconsin that can restore it for me? What about parts? I noticed the grate on the bottom is broken. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated! If this stove belongs back in this house I really want to restore it. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Atlanta Stove Works Cast Iron Stove

Atlanta Stove Works has been out of business for some years. If you google the name you'll see quite a few references -- some about old stoves, some on newer stoves. It sounds as if the company had quite a run, but I can't find any dates.

There's a place called Antique Stoves located in your neck of the woods. They may either be able to provide you with some information, parts, a restoration, or may even buy it from you.

http://www.antiquestoves.com/wanted/index.htm

o

Since Atlanta Stove Works, Inc has been out of business for sometime, did some company buy their parts? I am looking for part 2780 Door handle for a Franklin Fireplace model 26. Can anybody help?

o

Hi I have a Atlanta stove(Atlanta Stove Works, Inc. Model# 240 Homesteader). I know it's been taken over but I don't know by who & if they still have some kicking around. I've been trying to find the manual for the Model#240. I know it must be rare but if anyone know's or knows of anyone with this stove please feel free to email me. willisrobins@hotmail.com. Thank you in advance

o

I have a model 22 franklin from ATLANTA STOVE WORKS i would like to know how old it is and how much it is worth.Iwould like to buy the manual for it also i need the two back legs.It also needs three of the four handels that hold the foulding doors to the front of the stove. Please help me if possible. I love the stove and would like to restore it. If anyone has any info i would be very greatful. You can contact me at cmitchell1975@tds.net

o

I have a Atlanta Stove Works Perdue Delight with warmer on top and 6 burners. It is a wood burning stove. Does anyone know how i can find out the value of this stove? Thank you for any information.
Lynn Grantham

o

found a little joe cast iron stove small pot belly type
trying to get a value, I believe its pretty old

o
Atlanta Stove Works Cast Iron Stove

I have an Atlanta Stove model 27. Any one know it's age and value.

Thanks

o

just found one in Dads old stuff. Letters 2225 on front plate

o

Have a Whopper coal or wood burning stove. Has
No. 205 stamped on top. Does anyone know the age or value. Its in good shape and all the parts are there.

o

I have found an Atlanta Stove Works heating stove that burns wood or coal. It is a Model 340ADG and is in fair condition.
I am hoping to use to heat my shop this winter but the grate in the fire box is broken. I am sure I could rig up something that would work but I would rather keep the stove operating as it was designed to. This is a cabinet style stove with sort of a temperature control, it is not really old. Any one know anything about this stove or where I could find parts for it????

o

Go to http://www.hearth.com You'll find listings for parts suppliers and quite possibly a lot of information about Atlanta Stove Works.

o

I have a Atlanta Franklin Stove N0. 8M, what would it be worth.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here