Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lyndy_gw

Atlanta Stove Works Cast Iron Stove

lyndy
17 years ago

Hi, I posted this message in "fireplaces" then found this forum. I am in the process of purchasing an 1860 farmhouse. In the backyard is a two burner cast iron stove. On the front it is marked "PIP Atlanta Stove Works" on top it says "No. 19". Does anyone know anything about this stove? How old is it? Could it be original to this age house? I don't have a clue how to restore it, or is there somewhere I can take it in Southeast Wisconsin that can restore it for me? What about parts? I noticed the grate on the bottom is broken. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated! If this stove belongs back in this house I really want to restore it. Thanks!

Comments (22)

• kframe19
    17 years ago

Atlanta Stove Works has been out of business for some years. If you google the name you'll see quite a few references -- some about old stoves, some on newer stoves. It sounds as if the company had quite a run, but I can't find any dates.

There's a place called Antique Stoves located in your neck of the woods. They may either be able to provide you with some information, parts, a restoration, or may even buy it from you.

http://www.antiquestoves.com/wanted/index.htm

• harr9648_bellsouth_net
    15 years ago

Since Atlanta Stove Works, Inc has been out of business for sometime, did some company buy their parts? I am looking for part 2780 Door handle for a Franklin Fireplace model 26. Can anybody help?

• willisrobins
    14 years ago

Hi I have a Atlanta stove(Atlanta Stove Works, Inc. Model# 240 Homesteader). I know it's been taken over but I don't know by who & if they still have some kicking around. I've been trying to find the manual for the Model#240. I know it must be rare but if anyone know's or knows of anyone with this stove please feel free to email me. willisrobins@hotmail.com. Thank you in advance

• cmitchell1975_tds_net
    13 years ago

I have a model 22 franklin from ATLANTA STOVE WORKS i would like to know how old it is and how much it is worth.Iwould like to buy the manual for it also i need the two back legs.It also needs three of the four handels that hold the foulding doors to the front of the stove. Please help me if possible. I love the stove and would like to restore it. If anyone has any info i would be very greatful. You can contact me at cmitchell1975@tds.net

• circlegfarms57_bellsouth_net
    13 years ago

I have a Atlanta Stove Works Perdue Delight with warmer on top and 6 burners. It is a wood burning stove. Does anyone know how i can find out the value of this stove? Thank you for any information.
    Lynn Grantham

• metzkerg_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

found a little joe cast iron stove small pot belly type
    trying to get a value, I believe its pretty old

• rschol8900_aol_com
    12 years ago

I have an Atlanta Stove model 27. Any one know it's age and value.

Thanks

• rubygraham71_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

just found one in Dads old stuff. Letters 2225 on front plate

• grylnr_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Have a Whopper coal or wood burning stove. Has
    No. 205 stamped on top. Does anyone know the age or value. Its in good shape and all the parts are there.

• GLM-37
    12 years ago

I have found an Atlanta Stove Works heating stove that burns wood or coal. It is a Model 340ADG and is in fair condition.
    I am hoping to use to heat my shop this winter but the grate in the fire box is broken. I am sure I could rig up something that would work but I would rather keep the stove operating as it was designed to. This is a cabinet style stove with sort of a temperature control, it is not really old. Any one know anything about this stove or where I could find parts for it????

• mainegrower
    12 years ago

Go to http://www.hearth.com You'll find listings for parts suppliers and quite possibly a lot of information about Atlanta Stove Works.

• fredfred1
    11 years ago

I have a Atlanta Franklin Stove N0. 8M, what would it be worth.

• Teresa Cox
    8 years ago

My husband has an Atlanta Stove Works cook stove he would like to use in his mancave. I am not sure what the part is called, maybe a collar to connect to a stove pipe to vent. We need both the collar and pipe. The only number we can find is 15-36. This is a 4 burner stove with oven.

• bedell2000
    8 years ago

I need a manual for the Atlanta Stove Works Model 26 to get a town permit. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of it?

• cheaga
    8 years ago

Bedell2000 did you get any info on model 26? Cheaga@aol.com

• pamelaweber55
    7 years ago

I too need manual for Atlanta Stove Works Model 26 to get a town permit. Does anyone know where I can get a copy?

• Pete Robshaw
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Pete Robshaw

looking for parts for Atlanta model 2520 wood stove. It is an oval shape. top and bottom are cast. body sheet metal. Need top opening cover, but interested in complete unit. Located in Bangor, Maine area.

• akamainegrower
    7 years ago

Pete Robshaw: Try Bryant Stove Works in Thorndike, ME.

• Pete Robshaw
    7 years ago

Thanks, been there my stove is to new. They work with early 1900's stoves.

• David W Ratliff
    5 years ago

I have a Atlanta Stove Works No 50M, I'm needing a few parts and info on it. I need legs and grate.

• Stephanie Tramelli
    5 years ago

I just moved in to our new house. The furnace broke this morning so I was thinking of using the wood stove. The manual that looks to be original does not give much information. This model has a split baffle. Any idea how to open it so we can clean the chimney?

• Dr nicky Dejean
    3 years ago

I am really interested in a franklin stove by atlanta stove works in la close enough for me to pick up.