Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lachase_gw

masonry advice, please!

lachase
15 years ago

We have a not so great house in a not the best neighborhood and it has been one thing after another wrong since we moved in some years ago. It has a walkout basement and the lower half of the house is sided in old reclaimed brick that in the front of the house has started pulling away from the wall. We just had one contractor give a bid for about 2K to put 1/4"X7 anchor bolts around the house to hold the brick that hasn't come loose and recommended that we rip off the other brick (ourselves) and re-side (ourselves).

Does this sound like a reasonable fix and reasonable cost? I have to admit, I was shocked at the price and didn't expect it to be that high. We don't have a clue how to proceed and would like your expertise to let us know if it is a logical and reasonably priced and adequate repair. I don't want this to just be a temporary fix as I'm sure we will have more problems to tackle here. We would like to have other bids and not just this one contractors bid, but getting a contractor to even come out to look at the problem is like pulling the tooth of a spider. Thanks for any advice; I REALLY appreciate it!

Comments (2)