Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ballpark estimate re insulating 16x60 mobile home

Posted by ctipling (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 25, 11 at 13:49

I have a 1991 16x80 mobile home which I am contemplating doing a complete remodel on. I need to completely re insulate the home as will be replacing sheet rock from water damage, roof leaks and also the floor/bottom insulation from animal damage. I wonder if anyone has a guestimate as to the cost for blown insulation. We will be doing this ourselves thus no need for labor costs. We live in Oklahoma but we want to insulate to a higher degree for added heat/cooling cost savings. I know most folks wonder why even bother with an older mobile home but we have a limited amount of money to spend and its either buy another used mobile home which may have its own set of problems or redo this one. THX for any helpful hints/ideas et!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ballpark estimate re insulating 16x60 mobile home

I would post in the Manufactured Homes forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here