Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carriage house is a bloomin!

Posted by darkeyes1955 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 13:13

Still a little cluttered though until we get the garage, drive and flagstone down. Coming along though.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carriage house is a bloomin!

Has there been previous posts on it? I've been away from this one and missed it there has. It's charming.

o

Nice building, but don't like the lower trelliswork--it's too tall which throws off the proportions; also, the corner post ought to have the diagonals just like the ends to really work nicely...otherwise, very nice.

o

Nice job. More pics please!

o

Deleted repeat

This post was edited by maryinthefalls on Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 18:55

o

Thank you Caliope! No prevous posts but I plan to add more photos as soon as I figure out how to add several at one time. Columbusguy, thank you for your input! Constructive criticism is always appreciated. I see what you mean about the corner posts. The diagonals would look much better. The lattice is something I put up quickly myself as a poor single mom to make improvements :) but married now so hubby can make the improvements for me.

o

No reason a married mom can't/shouldn't continue making home improvements. It can be very rewarding, and I highly recommend it. :-) Teamwork makes the whole project go better/faster.

o

Just getting around to posting more of the pics. Suggestions or tips on how to improve are appreciated!
This is my front porch

o

This is the side of the house. Excuse the mess. The yard is a work in progress. By fall it will be partially flagstoned and the rest I will be working on planting this fall and next spring

o

During the conversion, this staircase was taken from the house next door. That house had a double stairway. This stairway was removed from that house and put into mine, leaving only one in the house next door. This stairway goes up through what was at one time the opening to a hayloft.

o

The back of the house/alley

o

kitchen

o

kitchen

o

master bedroom

o

2nd bedroom- I love oddball houses :)

o

Love it!!!

Anicee

o

Lots of character! it's great! I LOVE the kitchen windows!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here