Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rae0101

Painting asbestos tile roof?

rae0101
15 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm new here, and the topics I see have me really excited to have some like-minded people to share ideas with! We've just purchased a small 1920's home next door to our home , which was built around the same time. I'm re-doing as much of it as I can myself, and have already almost finished the two bedrooms, living room, dining room and hall. We plan to use it as a guest house for friends and family, so I would like to match the exterior to our house. But the roof on that house is asbestos diamond patterned tile, and it's various shades of pink...not a pretty pink, either. It doesn't coordinate at all with our paint colors, and our roof was replaced during our house's restoration with the regular black shingled roof. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does anyone know if asbestos roofs can be painted? If we have to replace the roof, I know that there are issues with OSHA, and the possible cost is intimidating. I'll wait and replace the roof if necessary, but I'm hoping someone out there will have some good news for an inexpensive alternative since the roof is in really good condition. Sorry it took me so long to get to my question, but like I said, I'm really excited to have found y'all!

Comments (8)