Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
household_6

What to do with attic cubby hole???

household_6
18 years ago

Hello, I have just moved into an older house that was built in the 40's. The upstairs of the house which originally used to be the attic storage room has been made into a big bedroom somewhere along the line.

That is now my boy's bedroom. Since it is so big I've kind of split it into two rooms. It's the type of room that has the pointed church style ceiling and short 4-5 foot side walls. Anyway, someone has built a cute little what I would call a cubby hole into one of the walls. It has two doors on it and the doors are flush with the wall. The "hole" is about a 4x4x4 square. It extends about 4 feet behind the main wall. And it's all made of cedar. I hope I'm making sense here.

I think it was meant for storage. But, right now I have nothing in it. I would like to take the doors off and make it into something for the kids. But, I have no idea what. I hate to waste that space though. It's so unique and I think I could do something fun with it. But what????

Any ideas? My boys are 10 and almost 13, so I don't want to do anything too kiddish.

Comments (4)