Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ambwilson_gw

Please help me identify the style of this home

AMBWILSON
10 years ago

This home is located in the Missouri. It is located on twenty acres and after some digging I found out it originally sat on nearly one hundred acres. The title says the house was built in apx.1940, however it also indicates that 1940 was when the kitchen was added to the existing older structure. I was able to talk to a few people with the historical society and some neighbors that have been in the area for a long while. I was told that it was built and used as a hospital during the civil war. Another interesting story is that it was a home that was built as a flood relief home in the early 1900's. Needless to say its not easy to tell what is true and what isn't. It is hard to tell if anything original exists in the house. It does have some old trim but I cant identify the period. The original roof is under the shingles and it is cedar shake. The house did have two fire places that were long ago ripped out. I would just like an idea of the direction to go in as far as remodeling. I love civil war era homes but I really don't think this is one. I just cant seem to find anything like it in the research I have been doing. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (5)