Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
roof troubleshooters?

Posted by sportsgaleliza (My Page) on
Tue, May 31, 11 at 15:19

We seem to get a leak in the roof when there is a combination of very heavy rain and high winds. This only seems to happen a couple of times a year. I am not sure if we need a re-roof or just a smart, honest roofer who can make some repairs. My husband thinks the wind could be blowing water under the clay tile shingles.

Does anyone have any suggestions on honest roofers in the Chicago area?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: roof troubleshooters?

There is a Chicago area roofing contractor who posts on several roofing forum using the screen name, "Grumpy". I have enjoyed his posts for many years.

I think he is with Reliable American Roofing in Glenview, Ill. 847-729-3496 or 847-207-0991

His real name might be Thomas Kral.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grumpy

o
RE: roof troubleshooters?

it is really unlikely that you need to reroof if you have clay tile. don't let an asphalt salesman tell you otherwise. water is probably coming in at a flashing point.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here