Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobbie46_gw

Spanish Cedar Custom Windows

bobbie46
12 years ago

We must order new windows for our 1937 colonial house for a south facing wall which is 22.5' across with a 10' ceiling. There will also be a door at the side of the windows. All the other windows in our house are wood. I can have single pane windows custom made in the old style (40"x8') double hung in Spanish cedar or I could order a manufactured (Marvin, for example) window. The Spanish cedar windows can be ordered with insulated., low e glass but that is about $500 more per window and they are not as attractive as single pane glass. When I drove around and look at new construction, most windows had a glare and a harsh reflective quality. I think this is due to low-e coating. It would be nice to have a non-drafty, sun defying window but I don't know if it could blend well with our other windows. I do not have to use energy efficient windows according to code since I am remodeling but I would like to be more energy efficient if possible. We live in Louisiana where summers are HOT. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Comments (3)