Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tendura

Posted by hunnicuttrobert (My Page) on
Wed, May 11, 05 at 6:48

Product has real problems. Company does not back product unless you put it in according to the letter of the law.
Ventilation is a big issue. When product was installed in 2002 was alot of unknowns. Now the unknowns have come back to haunt the Tendura Company. My advice is leave the product on the shelf you don't need the problems that it has. And don't look for help from Tendura when failure happens.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tendura

Sounds awful. But, just what IS "Tendura"??

o

It's a brand of composite porch/deck planking (like Trex). I had to do a google search to find that out.

There are several discussions on Tendura in other THS forums.

o

What problems have you experienced? I just bought some to do our wrap-around porch in Connecticut.

o

We have Tendura on our front porch and 34' screen porch....we have had no problems. It paints beautifully. We saw this product used extensively in South Carolina. And we visited the White House of Confederacy in Richmond where it has been is use for several years.

o

I just purchased this product for my wrap-around porch, screen porch and a back porch. My contractor showed me that the product breaks even when installed on a 9" span.

The people who like this product, please provide details of how long installed, and please send a photo. I am torn now about whether to use this or not, particularly after seeing the ease with which it breaks and that breakage is not covered in the warranty.

For those that have had bad experiences, please be more specific about the problems you have experienced.

o

I weould like to hear any follow-up on the Tendura decking product.

o

We have Tendura on our front porch and our screen porch. We love it! It is painted a dark taupe brown. We have been in the house a year now and have had no problems.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

I can't see anything painted dark taupe brown in that picture? It's all white or beige or carpeted!

o

kevinw1.....The floor is Tendura tongue & groove flooring painted dark taupe brown like an old fashion wood floor porch.....only it won't rot.

o

Soofriver, is it still holding up?
I hope you are still on here or maybe new people who have used it.
I am also curious, the picture you posted, is that your front door or back door?

I want to totally redo our front porch and I love the idea of a screened porch and yours is beautiful!

I have a large low window in the front and when we look out we see the railing so I was going to do away with it all and put in running stairs. But after seeing your pic I am rethinking.

If anyone else has tried Tendura, how is it working for you?

o

We had Tendura decking installed on our front porch rebuild, October 2006, and we've seen no changes in the Tendura material at all, as reported on many websites. Pictures are available at my website link.
Rod Paine

Here is a link that might be useful: Paine House - Outside

o

Very cute house. Love the matching garage. Nice work.
kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here