Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dingoaint

Speaking of cleaning bricks...

Fori
10 years ago

My house is just a baby but it's been through a lot so I'll ask you all. :)

Part of a chimney was painted with interior paint (or maybe primer). Is there a chance that pressure washing would remove some of the paint without damaging the chimney? It doesn't need to look great because we plan on putting an addition over it in the future but I'd like it to look better in the meantime. The bricks are pretty scrappy looking anyway, by design, so it wouldn't have to be super clean. (I don't have a pressure washer so I'm wondering if it's worth getting one.)

The POs had a DIY addition in this spot which is why there are 3 colors of paint--original exterior color where parts of the addition were, new exterior color, and interior color, some of which is on the chimney.

Any suggestions on dealing with this? I don't want to paint the whole chimney since it matches the other chimney and both are sort of visible from the front of the house which also matches. The paint has been exposed to the elements for almost two years, but the elements don't amount to much here (USDA zone 10 and dry). We're preparing to have the place painted and I don't know what to do with this.

Thanks!

Comments (4)