Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldradio99

Replacing Siding and Windows

oldradio99
9 years ago

This project started last year and we got so confused over window options, we postponed over the winter and started again this Spring. In the meantime we had some hail damage whch the insurance compnay paid for so now we are going to do a full siding and replacement window project. The windows will be full frame replacements since the siding is coming off. The house is a two story.

There are a total of 6 45x72 sliders, a 60x60 slider, a smaller kitchen window and a 5 panel bow. We are stuck staying with sliders due to egress codes.

We have interviewed 4 contractors:

Contractor 1 - proposed Royal Woodland Siding. For windows he proposed Polaris for the regular windows and a Pello for the bow window.

Contractor 2 - Proposed Mastic Quest for siding and Vanguard for Windows.

Contractor 3 - Also proposed Mastic Quest and Simonton 5500 for windows including the bow.

Contractor 4 - proposed Alside sidiing and a private branded window ebuilt by Alside and equivalent to the Ultamax.

All the siding is .046 and is the top or near the top of the line.

All 4 vendors have great reviews and references and I am comfortable with any of them (maybe less so with #2).

One thing that seems to throw them all for a loop is we want white outside and tan insides on the windows and the bow to be wood or appear to be wood.

Here are my concerns / thoughts.

1. I seems to be OK between Alside and Mastic Quest siding.

2. Simonton 5500 Reflections may be too low in the food chain.

3. A private branded window built by Alside which seems to take the best of all teh Alside windows.

What do you all think?

Thanks

Comments (7)