Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman & Bungalow Facades

Posted by robarba (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 4, 08 at 9:33

Hi. I am rehabbing and am looking for suggestions on how to improve the facade of the second story of my Craftsman/four square-type house. It has five windows in a row and the rest is siding. Looking for pictures of homes that have original or restored facades that have some character. Examples would be stucco, interesting woodwork and paint schemes. Please post your pics. I really appreciate your help!Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman & Bungalow Facades

Here's an interesting article that includes lots of pictures at the bottom. We've owned one Craftsman (sort of a bungalow, but had more light access) and one true four square. With the four square we added a nice full porch across the front and the railing and corbel details make it stand out. A lot of times it's the accents. Hope this helps!

http://www.oldhouseweb.com/stories/Detailed/12269.shtml

Here is a link that might be useful: house pics

o

Additionally you can find a good selection of books on your home at Barnes & Noble that have many ideas and photos for you to look at.
I use their books alot.

Good Luck

The PorchGuy

Here is a link that might be useful: My Album

o

Thank you allison and porchguy!

o

Loads of inspirational pics from a color consultant who worked with Kelly-Moore on their historic color line. [He also has a book out you can browse.]

Good luck...can you tell I'm in exterior paint mode (or is that another four-letter word?) now?

Here is a link that might be useful: HistoricHouseColors.com

o

Robert Schweitzer also does consultations.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here