Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jacio_gw

exterior face lift

jacio
15 years ago

Thanks to all on this forum for such amazing advice and direction. I discovered the Sears catalog http://www.searsarchives.com/h...6/1921_9030-7030.jpg. I have a 1924 bungalow in San Rafael, CA and am now addicted to finding out everything about it. I am not clear it is a kit, based on all the wonderful on line posts from Rose Thornton, however, the floor plan of the Clyde, Sears Honor Bilt No. 9030 is an almost down to the inch is an identical match. My question to all out there-whether or not i have a kit house: My neighbor's house looks just like this spec from Sears. A prior owner of my home covered the wood siding with stucco. Sad. I would love ANY suggestions, criticism, direction on how to bring my lovely house back to it's glory. Not sure if i can afford to, or should remove the stucco, may just on the porch/facade? I know my place once looked like this Sears kit home after replacing the porch lantern....can see the shipboard type planks under the stucco. Looking forward to seeing/hearing anything from ya'll. Thank you in advance!

Comments (11)