Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why no gallery here?

Posted by mush (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 14, 12 at 20:12

I had hoped to see a gallery here so I could view all of your beautiful old homes. Why is there no gallery here?
Could we start a thread and post pics of our homes so we can see them?
I'd love to view your homes and share mine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why no gallery here?

My house pics are already here, in two threads:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/oldhouse/msg0900430120913.html?23

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/oldhouse/msg1103312515515.html?23

The house dates from 1908, and is decorated to the period since it still has many of its original features intact. Excuse the mess as I didn't do major cleaning prior to taking them--they were a sort of stress-relief from a day-long faucet replacement project which should have taken an hour and a half, without the three trips to the hardware store. :)

I like the idea of a gallery, but have a feeling it would be overloaded by our house-proud brethren into something which would take forever to load onscreen.

o

I would LOVE a gallery. Not only to see the beautiful houses but to also see details, challenges, explanations. Sometimes a picture really IS worth a thousand words.

o

Here's a link to the sets on my flickr account. 1919 bungalow, house style, and house detail sets have the kind of pictures you're looking for.

My wife and I live in this 1919 bungalow in Cincinnati, OH. The woodwork was never painted, but other than a window seat we don't have any built-ins or the ornate details of others here. It's our first house though and we love it.

Here is a link that might be useful: House photos

o

Here's my portfolio, knock yourselves out; The main album is my own house, as well as "Other Rooms" and "Renovation". Stuff from my job is under "Work Projects" and "Early Work" (scans of 35MM snapshots)
Casey

Here is a link that might be useful: My photobucket, 1000's of old-house pics

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here