Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Motion sensor flood light that looks somewhat decent?

Posted by jlc102482 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 9, 12 at 9:21

I'm in need of an exterior motion sensor light that will ultimately be mounted (as unobtrusively as possible) onto the side of my house for security. A regular motion sensor porch light won't be bright enough, unfortunately. I'm looking for something more along the lines of a flood light, except every flood light I have found so far looks like, well, a flood light. Has anyone else been able to locate any brand or source of exterior lighting, other than regular porch lights, that look halfway decent or at least somewhat decorative? Any ideas are welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Motion sensor flood light that looks somewhat decent?

Well, floodlights are not really renowned for their stylish beauty! But you might be able to find something palatable by going to a site like LightingUniverse.com and searching on "motion sensor outdoor,"

Here is a link that might be useful: Outdoor motion sensor lighting

o

Here is a link for an ebay search which should fit your needs--you will just need to add a motion sensor to the wiring.

Here is a link that might be useful: Barn Lights

o

Barn lights, why didn't I think of that? Thanks so much for your help, Chibimimmi and Columbus!

o

I have a shingle-style house and got barn lights for the exterior. Its strange how "at home" they look.

These are them - and very affordable

Here is a link that might be useful: outdoor barn lights

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here