Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Searching for 1969 Amerock Cabinet Hinges

Posted by mapfeife (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 25, 11 at 8:42

Can anyone help me locate replacement hinges for my kitchen cabinets? Kitchen dates to 1969. Brand is Amerock. There is a photo of what I need in the kitchen gallery under this heading.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Searching for 1969 Amerock Cabinet Hinges

Might be easier for others if you post the picture here. I had a hard time figuring out where it was!

I found a 1970s style of kitchen hinge (wrap 1/2" overlay) through Preston Hardware, a specialty store here in Ottawa. No other store here (HD, Rona, etc) sold these older types (I could have ordered them online from California) and although I reused most of the hinges, I also needed a few new ones.

I assume you've checked out the Amerock Web site? Or simply googled to see if any are available used?

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here