Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lath, lathe, potato, potatoe

Posted by debsz5 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 8:15

No need to be rude columbusguy - it's only a spelling mistake.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lath, lathe, potato, potatoe

Time to move down.

o

Only a spelling mistake--all too common an attitude these days. Why put any effort into things, the state will give us whatever we want...so I shouldn't have to work too hard. I grant you that spelling is not the greatest evil our world faces, but it is sure evidence that our standards are dropping to the lowest common denominator...some day soon, we won't be able to read or write at all, merely get the information on video which the State deems appropriate.

America is losing, has lost, her place in the world because we try to please everyone and make them equal--that means moving the standard down to accomodate those of lesser capability. No one should be better than anyone else in any form, hence no penalty for failure--and no reward for success. Just the Marxist philosophy which has turned America into a Second, and soon to be Third Class nation.

Bread and Circuses, friends...only this time it isn't Christians being fed to the lions...it's the Intelligentsia and Progress.

Further, debsz5, it was not being rude, but frustrated by our current non-functional educational system...and I seem to understand from the replies there, that pretty much everyone took it in a lighter vein. The rude one, it strikes me, is yourself...by posting an accusation against a fellow poster.

And by the way, there is NO SUCH WORD as 'potatoe'...Dan Quayle learned that a few years back the hard way. :)

o

lath

Columbusguy1, here is some advice you appear to need:
When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here