Return to the Old House Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter IS losing it's grip!

Posted by slateberry51 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 21, 11 at 6:39

I got up this morning and my thermostat, which was set for 54, had only drifted down to 60 (it had been set at 65 until 9pm last night), and my radiators were stone cold, which means they did not kick in sometime during the night.

Coasting--it's a beautiful thing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter IS losing it's grip!

Sadly, not here! We had a blizzard that dumped almost 18" of snow on us Sunday through Monday. And there's still March to go--

o

Thurs/Fri in the mid 70's, saw first daffodil in bloom and observed buds on magnolia soulangiana swelling. Monday night, 3" sleet/snow, and it's only 23* now at 9AM-ish.
It ain't over til its over, they say.
Casey

o

We had snow Monday between 8 to 10 inches and the temps are in the low 30's. We get a teaser day now and then of 40 plus but the very next day it's into the negative digits.
I've seen snow in these parts in mid April, enough to bring life to a sudden halt.

o

yeah, I suppose because I wrote that, it had to go and drop down to 6 degrees (F) last night! Sad to see we are all in this together. Still, I think my Feb heating bill will be less than Jan, and not just because it's a short month.

Casey, thanks for reminding me that daffodils exist!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Old House Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here