Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kimcoco

Stained Glass for 1920's Tudor

kimcoco
15 years ago

I thought I'd have better luck over here rather than the stained glass forum since my question really has more to do with the period of my home and the corresponding style, so I'm posting here.

We own a 1920's English style tudor. I have two original slider windows above my kitchen sink that face my neighbors, just across the driveway. Unfortunately, I have a psycho copy cat neighbor who likes to peer into my home, so I'd like to come up with a nice way to obscure the view permanently without leaving my blinds closed 24/7 (yes, it's that bad).

So, I was considering adding period stained glass to these windows, but I am having a difficult time finding resources on period glass for my home. What colors were used back then? What styles? Etc. I found a local stained glass company that will customize any style for me, but I am at a loss as to what colors were common in the 1920's, what styles, etc.

Our home is somewhat craftsman, and also a mixture of gothic I guess you could say.

I have a pendant light above my kitchen sink (whip lighting) that is stained glass, so I don't want anything too busy on the windows (overkill), but I do want something classy, allowing light through but so neighbors can only see shapes and not items or decor in my home.

Anyone aware of any resources either online or books that they could recommend?

Comments (2)