9 years ago

Here is a picture of the bathroom.

Comments (13)

• civ_IV_fan
    9 years ago

i love it.

• weedyacres
    9 years ago

And you're wanting to do what with/to it?

• Fori
    9 years ago

Fix the leaky faucet. :)

And get a shower curtain setup that works--that might work but it looks like it's missing a spot.

Hope the window also opens from the top--if not, gonna need some window coverings!

Looks totally keepable. Plus it's fun!

• kats737
    9 years ago

I think the toilet is my favorite part. there are so many elements in there that you could get reproductions for, but that toilet is just fantastic.

What a fun space overall though.

• OldBarnDreams
    9 years ago

OMG - that is absolutely gorgeous! The only thing I might recommend (and that would only be if there has been any water damage occurring) would be to have a better shower curtain set-up so that the wall is protected as well. I'd like my bathroom renovation this year to look this good!

• dirt_cred
    9 years ago

Please get rid of that wallpaper! It's hurting my eyes!

You can get vintage styled faucets for both tub and sink, with a shower riser for the tub. I'd tile the rest of the wall behind the tub to add the shower - to the ceiling or almost. I'd be looking for a more vintage sink, too.

Otherwise it's perfect.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get that kind of toilet without a tank? In a single family house? Why do we have tanks, anyway. I had one of those in a 4-plex apartment in the 70s and loved it.

• marleeOLDHouse
    9 years ago

I would paint the radiator, change the faucets for something that looked a little older, add a cute shower curtain.

• worthy
    9 years ago

Agree with other posters. But if this is a rental apartment, you'd best check what management thinks of changing taps. A decorator friend went all out on her rental apartment--chair rails, wall paper, vintage fireplace mantel and surround, built-in cabinets in the bath, door frames stripped of 20 layers of lead paint--undoubtedly making me even duller than I'd be otherwise.

Here's the type of shower rod to look for.

{{gwi:2135750}}
    Signature Hardware

This post was edited by worthy on Sat, Jan 31, 15 at 22:43

• cheryls67
    9 years ago

Wow, I love it! Is that a sconce by the sink or a cup?

• cheryls67
    9 years ago

sorry, double post but I can't delete.

This post was edited by cheryls67 on Sun, Feb 1, 15 at 6:17

• powermuffin
    9 years ago

Beautiful!!!
    Diane

• worthy
    9 years ago

I think the toilet is my favorite part.
    It's a tankless high-pressure, probably a Flush-o-meter, not suitable for residential use as the water pressure is usually too low. Also, a great waster of water--3.5 gal. per flush vs. US federal standard of 1.6 gpf.

• worthy
    9 years ago

I think the toilet is my favorite part.
    It's a tankless high-pressure Flushometer not suitable for home use as the water pressure is usually too low. Also, a great waster of water--3.5 gal. per flush vs. US federal standard of 1.6 gpf. However, newer models use 1.1 gpf.