Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandy523_gw

Need help with what this house is

sandy523
16 years ago

I have pics of the house but am not sure how to get them here. I can email them to someone here and if they could post them for me that would be great. I'll try and figure it out but not sure I can do it.

Thanks so much.

Comments (17)

• sandy523
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I can't figure out the pictures. Sorry.

• kframe19
    16 years ago

Sandy,

You need to find a host site for your pictures - photobucket, picturetrail, etc. - and base them there.

Then you need to add a link from your host site to a message here.

• mightyanvil
    16 years ago

To post a photo:

go to http://tinypic.com (it's free and no sign up is required)

select "browse" and go find your jpg, png, gif, or tif photo file and select it (it will be automatically downsized to 250K)

select the "upload" button

Click once on the "HTML for websites" window (it is automatically copied) then paste it into the text part of your message.

Now preview your message. If you can see the photo, submit the message.

If you are unsure of yourself try all of this first at the test forum which is linked at the bottom of the main forum page. You might have to play with the dimensions of the original photo to keep the downloaded version from being too large since that sometimes stretches the text of all messages to the right (possibly off most screens)

It is also possible to copy the contents of the URL window and to then paste it into the "Optional Link URL" box. You must also type a description in the "Name of the Link" box.

Good luck

• sandy523
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Let me see if I can describe it. It's almost like a shot gun house but it's not one room wide more like two rooms wide. You walk onto the front porch and then through the front door is the living room....walk straight through to the kitchen and out the back door. The bedrooms are all on the side of the house and the one bathroom is on that side as well. That's the best I can do without a picture. It is built long like a shot gun house but is wider than one.

• geniere
    16 years ago

I think you have a Sears Bungalo.

>>

Here is a link that might be useful: Sears Home

• mightyanvil
    16 years ago

It's not that simple. Post a photo.

• sandy523
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OH. Post a PHOTO. Why didn't I think of that!

• kframe19
    16 years ago

Several people have described what you need to do to post a photo.

You need to HOST your photos some place else: www.picturetrail.com, www.photobucket.com, www.tinypic.com, etc.

You then need to paste a link here to the photo that you saved there.

Yet the only response is "I can't post a photo."

How about meeting us half way and TRYING the steps that have been described here before you get all righteously indignant?

• sandy523
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Look, I had a stroke a year ago and it's hard for me to do things like that. OK? But I will try or get someone to help me do it. Thanks.

• sandy523
    Original Author
    16 years ago

• sandy523
    Original Author
    16 years ago

• sandy523
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I DID IT!

• sandy523
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Any ideas?

• jegr
    16 years ago

hey! super! I was hoping you'd manage to post a picture.

You do have a bungalow, a very simple one, maybe made by Sears or one of the other companies that shipped parts by train to home owners, but maybe just the kind of house built in your neighborhood at a particular time.
    You seem to have no trim (window and door casings) inside, and your house seems to have had all its details covered up on the outside, or removed. You might want to go down to the public library and borrow some books on bungalows, Sears houses, and arts and crafts houses to get an idea of how charming you house could be.

• sandy523
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It has the trim around the windows. In the picture they just blend in with the walls. This house was remodeled and sold and in foreclosure many times. I think a few owners back it was a drug house. So there are not a lot of original things left on it. Most of the walls were paneling painted white. We really aren't trying to put it back like it was..just make it livable for us.

• littledog
    16 years ago

I for one am impressed that your home seems to have the original wood screens. I can make out the interior trim; I bet it's plain boards, about 4 inches wide, except for the windowsill, which is a ridiculously skimpy 3 inches. (How did they think anybody could set a flowerpot in the window when it's only three inches?)

How do I know? I have almost the same house, only in Oklahoma. Your place probably looked alot like this one before they enclosed the porch.

Then again, some poopyhead plastered vinyl siding on this one, and removed the originalposts, so it's not quite an authentic exterior either.

• sandy523
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It has screens that attach at the top of the window so you can take them off and on. The boards around the window are plain yes. The guy that did our base boards put more trim around the windows and at first I wanted him to take it off..but now I 'm not sure. Almost nothing inside was left except the fire place and the trim around the windows. I think it was re done in the seventies. We are trying to leave the outside as it was. Do you have any pics of the inside you your home?