Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarahandbray_gw

LOVING Rehab Addict show!!!!

sarahandbray
10 years ago

I'm sure she doesn't do everything 100% Kosher, but she renovates like me!!! Keeps quirky, original details as much as possible and doesn't trash things b/c they are old, worn, etc.
I could binge watch this show, but I'm off to scrape paint and finish my hallway.
Does anyone else love this show? She seems like she's on a regular, human budget and encounters regular problems I've found in my 150-year-old house.
Sarah in Albany

Comments (8)

• pugga
    10 years ago

I'm another one who loves watching this show. Yes, she does do things once in a while that make me cringe, but not often. She really does seem sincere in wanting to save old houses and neighborhoods. She is also doing the renovating for a living so I cut her some slack in certain decisions. I've certainly seen a lot worse with flippers who gut and do cheap updates.

• sarahandbray
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Especially in the areas she is doing the rehab...most people just flip with cheap stuff if they keep the house at all!! Last two were condemned houses!! Very cool that she's reducing urban blight and renovating beautifully at the same time...way better than slapping laminate and Sheetrock and vinyl siding all over these beauties!
    Not perfect and exact, but real. I like that. Not everyone has the budgets for renovation you see on some of these shows...
    S

• eaga
    10 years ago

Yes, I wanna be like her when I grow up, except she's probably about 25 years younger than me :).

I like her dedication to keeping the character of the house and her creative reuse of materials. There was one where she had a hole in the wall, maybe from an old stairway, I don't remember, but she covered it by reusing an old cabinet door that she had in her garage and made this cute little niche/closet thing. It was charming and I'll bet people will see it and think it was original to the house.

• jmc01
    10 years ago

This the the first HGTV type show that I've watched and enjoyed since they axes the gardening shows! Nicole Curtis is great...and her home town is right up the street from mine!

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

Yes Yes Yes! At last a show that isn't spoiled brat couples compaining if everything isn't perfect and "updated". Don't they know that what they think is so wonderful will be old in 10 years? And taking sledge hammers to perfectly good cupboards and fixtures that should be reused. I'd almost stopped watching HGTV but rehab addict is bringing back my interest. HGTV used to be better and have more variety, maybe they will branch out a bit again.
    Kathy

• Rudebekia
    10 years ago

This is a local show for me since I'm in the Twin Cities. I've seen her homes first hand. She was on the news just recently trying to save a great old home from the wrecking ball--sadly, she lost the battle but she put up a fight to the end.

• lazy_gardens
    10 years ago

She didnâÂÂt want to do a typical home-transformation show �" âÂÂLook! Twenty-two minutes later, hereâÂÂs a kitchen!â Instead, she wanted to show the nitty-gritty details of rehabbing old houses �" mouse droppings and all. âÂÂI wanted to keep it raw and real.âÂÂ

This may be why you like it ... she wanted to keep it REAL

• lavender_lass
    10 years ago

I really like this show, too! We've been talking about it over on the Smaller Home forum...she tries to save these old neighborhoods, one house at a time :)