SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilltopviews_gw

Any of you bikers do the Trail of Tears Ride?

hilltopviews
17 years ago

My husband has a 2002 Yamaha Midnight Venture and has ridden for years. His other baby is an 86 Yamaha touring bike, which we still ride.

He started riding The Trail of Tears Ride a number of years ago, the ride starts in Chattanooga, TN. and ends in Okmulgee, OK.

We have a friend that has a Honda GoldWing that rides all the way from Windsor. Ont, Canada to join in the ride. A couple that rides from Georgetown, TX up to HotSprings, AK to join the ride.

Several friends from TN and AL join the ride, and, believe it or not, my husband and his friends met and made friends with a couple from Hawaii that had purchased a HD bike stateside and was touring the mainland. The couple joined my husband and his friends on The Trail of Tears Ride that year, which was 2002, and had a great time.

It was my first time to ride the event this year. After leaving Oklumgee, OK., we rode to Canyon, TX., toured Palo Duro Canyon, which was a great experience. Along the way we looked for sections of Route 66 highway to ride, stopped in Elk City, OK and visited the Route 66 Museum.

All in all it was a wonderful trip.

We were in a lot of high winds on the way home, but we were in front of the tornado outbreak across OK,AR,AL and TN., we made it home safe.

We've also ridden the "Tail of the Dragon" at DealsGap, and will ride it again this fall, since we are only about an hour riding time away. Good day ride!!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!