Return to the Motorcycles/Scooters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
World's Fastest Indian (movie)

Posted by craftyc (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 15, 06 at 15:37

If you didn't see this movie when it was out, get the DVD and watch it...my husband and I both enjoyed it. A little about motorcycles and a lot about life and following your dreams!
The true story of New Zealander Burt Munro who built a 1920 Indian Motorcycle to take to Bonneville Salt Flats...
Anthony Hopkins does a SUPER job in the part of Burt!!
I think you would enjoy it! Here is a link to the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412080/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: World's Fastest Indian (movie)

What a great movie! I actually sat through it (ADD) and throughly enjoyed it. I've loaned my copy to lots of our customers. Speaking of which who has it now? hmm
Marion

o

Thanks for the review! As soon as I read it I went to Ebay and bought the DVD. I'm looking forward to watching it.

o

Yes...I want to get the DVD of it too, not only to watch again, but to see what else they have included in the DVD..always enjoy the additional information and comments.

o

The dvd has some good added stuff.

The best is the original documentary from the 1970's.

o

I watched it as well "The Long Way Around", two guys, Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman, who traverse across Eastern Europe, Russia, Asia, and US. A great adventure but lucky for them they had a support group follwing them the whole way!

Makes me want to learn to ride a bike!

A

Here is a link that might be useful: Long Way Around

o

Great movie. Saw it a couple of nights ago.

I can relate to the muffler burns on the leg, ( mine has just healed, again...), but the burns were not nearly as bad as what Burt had after his run. Myself being located in South Florida --during summer, long pants are not a comfortable option for rider gear...yet long pants do prevent the ole muffler burn on the lower, inside leg.

Blue

o

Wow... Zyphyrgal!!!

You did find another good movie, "Long Way Round!!!"

Ewan McGreggor is one of my favorite actors... I will rent this movie, ASAP!!!

Thanks for the wind in my sails.
Blue

o

When I go to the site from Zyphyrgal I get the message that the DVD format is not compatable with the US or Canada format. Where are you finding this DVD to get?

o

You can rent Long Way Round here...at Netflix.

Additionally, it can be found here at Blockbuster.

The movie and the CD can be found here...Best Buy...as well, for purchase.

I hope this helps.

Blue

o
RE: World's Fastest Indian / Long Way Round

P.S. ...I don't think the music CD for Long Way Round is related to the movie at all...

As for the World's Fastest Indian, the movie can be found here..Best Buy.

Anthony Hopkins and Ewan McGreggor. Who would've thought that these great actors would be in motorcycle movies?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Motorcycles/Scooters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here