Return to the Motorcycles/Scooters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for a motor cycle camper

Posted by tinylady (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 11, 08 at 22:13

My husband likes to go for long rides, like to south dakota, and he was interested in getting a tow a long camper for the bike. Does anyone know where I can get a used one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for a motor cycle camper

Try the classified ads in your local newspaper; Also, look at the specialty car-truck-boat for-sale publications found at gas stations, restuarants, and magazine racks.

Advertisements for motorcycle trailers may be found in motorcycle enthuasists magazines. Two such publications that come to mind are "Motorcyclist" and "Motorcycle Consumer News". The ads in magazines will be for new products, but you can garner ideas about what will fit your needs and best of all, once in while, these magazines will test trailer rigs and report on their likes and dislikes.

One thing to investigate is side-car versus trailer for handling and emergency stopping.

Maybe you can seach on-line and find a digital copies of past articles written by these magazines.

One time I saw a smaller road bike pulling a canoe through Jackson Hole, Wyoming. LOL. He used the canoe to hold his cargo. (The cargo was amply secured!) He had to keep in mind how long his combined vehicle was when passing through intersections.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Motorcycles/Scooters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here