Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Need Your Expertise & Advice

lynninnewmexico
15 years ago

I'm looking for some kind of metal sheeting or panels that are perforated and rustproof to use as shelving on our (outdoor) wood racks. We're ordering two of them that are metal. The problem is that every one we find has a depth that is too deep for the logs we use. We have kiva fireplaces out here and they require shorter logs. Regular wood racks allow our logs to tip off.

My solution is to find some kind of perforated metal sheeting that we can lay across the racks to support any length of log, while allowing the air to circulate and rain and snow to drain through . . . but what? Where can we find it and how much can we expect to pay for them????

We'd prefer something that we either don't have to cut ourselves or that's easy to cut with the average+ tool shop tools. Lightweight would also be great.

Just talked to my husband and the racks are 8ft long each. He says that we should figure on a usable length of 88-90" long (each). Individual panels that are about 40" long would be ideal, but we can adapt if necessary.

As for depth, anywhere from 36-45"D would work.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Lynn

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor