Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gooseberry_guy

Question for Megapea. Welding wire source too

gooseberry_guy
19 years ago

Hey Megapea,

How's that new welder doing for ya? Are ya still burning holes that ya need to patch?

I was looking through the website I posted for the FAQ's on welding, brazing, and soldering, and I noticed a thin gauge, flux core welding wire called: Twenty Gauge. It's supposed to be great for sheet metal up to 28 gauge. The info page that comes up for it looks real impressive.

GG

Comments (2)

• megapea
    19 years ago

I'm getting better. I did a muffler on my car with tail pipes, and while it's not perfect, I did pretty good. I will also look up that web site and see what else I can learn. Thanks so much for checking in! I'll post again when I complete my next project.

• DNT1
    19 years ago

I bought a 220 volt Lincoln 135 Mig welder a couple of years back, it is one of the best additions I ever made to my home shop I use it just about every week for something. I have a old Murray mower 1985 model that the mowing bed has more welded patches than original metal. Really comes in handy on the old mustang convertible body work, that is what I originally bought it for. I use the .023 mild steel wire roll and 75/25 shielding gas.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!