Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Decorative Metal Trim- is there such a thing?

Posted by double_daughters (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 30, 06 at 14:15

I had a contractor build a wood hood for above my range. We painted it black to match our new, distressed black island. Love the shape and color but the problem is it's lacking character. We can picture the hood with some beautiful hammered copper or bronze trim in long, thin strips -- about 1 inch by 72 inch.

Does this exist? Can anyone point me to a place I can find it? the closest I've come is metal tile.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Decorative Metal Trim- is there such a thing?

FIRST CHECK WITH YOUR HOME CENTERS. IF THAT DOESN'T WORK TRY A METAL FABRICATING SHOP. THE SHOPS CAN PRETTY MUCH BUILD ANYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE. COPPER IS EASY TO WORK WITH IF YOU HAVE THE SKILL AND PATIENCE TO DO IT.

o
RE: Decorative Metal Trim- is there such a thing?

Yes there is a company in Providence, Rhode Island that manufactures decorative metal trims. Try a google search to see if you find them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here