Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sites with plans for projects?

Posted by joel_bc (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 19, 08 at 11:11

I'm hoping to find some good sites with plans for metal-working projects. I've got an oxy-acetylene welding rig, vices, anvil, drill press, and basic shop tools. I'm hoping to find free plans for both decorative things and devices or machines that may be useful in the yard or on the farm (I live on rural land). I've been doing Google searches with limited success.

I'd consider sites that sell plans, too - if the site illustrates the end result with pictures and tells you enough about it that it's clear it's worth building.

I can't help suspecting, also, that there must be a few decades-worth of metal-shop plans from old publications like Mecanics Illustrated and Popular Mecanics that could still yield useful items. Anyone know if these have been collected?

Thanks.

Joel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sites with plans for projects?

Curious: has this forum essentially gone dormant?

o

Just so you know there is someone out here I thought I would reply. I can point you at a couple of good magazines for shop projects -> "The Home Shop Machinist" or "Machinist's Workshop".

If you like farm type projects try this forum. No packaged plans, but some great ideas and pictures.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/

o

blindstar, I'll be checking those out. Thanks for the response.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here