Return to the Metalworking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hole on gas on gas kitchen stove? help!

Posted by claga (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 31, 06 at 9:48

My parents own a gas stove that also heats their home by natural gas. The problem is the top corner actually cracked and fell apart now leaving a 1" by 1" HOLE in the front corner of the stovetop which looks horrible as well as very unsafe. (very sharp corners, as it is old rusted metal) The stovetop is almond in color and has 4 gas burners on top. It is an old 36'Glenwood, Century model gas on gas stove.

How would one go about fixing or building up that corner to make it at least safe? It has also split about 6' down the side, between the burner and the edge of the stovetop. I'm just afraid one of them will lean or fall into it.

They don't sell gas on gas anymore and we looked at one second hand stores and they didn't seem to be much better off.

Any ideas on how to fix this one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hole on gas on gas kitchen stove? help!

I'll probably get a warning or expulsion for this, but go to weldingweb.com and post a pic of this problem. I'm sure someone there can help.
Mike

o
RE: hole on gas on gas kitchen stove? help!

I do 1 of 2 things when a gas on gas goes in one of my rental apartments.

1- replace the stove with a standard range and add a baseboard heating system using the domestic hot water heater.

2- replace the stove with a standard range and add a ventless gas heater to the room.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Metalworking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here